I often sketch, paint, and/or photograph the great outdoors first to capture the colors and setting, then move indoors to refine the painting. My goal is to have the viewer’s eyes flow comfortably through my work, and to draw them into the canvas. I want you to feel as if you have visited the place I’m painting. The Next Painting In my heart, there is always another painting just around the next...
Jon is a dedicated outdoorsman and naturalist. While growing up in Ohio, he spent countless hours in the woods studying and drawing nature and the wildlife that he would see. Many of his paintings have been created from sketches while sitting in his tree stand. He once was an avid hunter and fisherman. In recent years, he has given up hunting and fishing for his paintbrush and canvas. Hunting now is with...
Jon welcomes Individual and Corporate commission of his artwork. Commissions are scheduled upon meeting with the collector and obtaining all reference materials. These personalized paintings are created on a first come basis. Cost will vary based on size, subject matter and time frame requested. A deposit is due at the time of the commission and agreement and the balance due upon delivery....
There is nothing more beautiful than what God has put in front us, to enjoy each and every day.
Welcome to my website. I am excited to share with you the images I have captured on canvas. I hope you enjoy browsing through my site and if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me. I would love to hear from you.
"Nature itself is my inspiration simply because of the endless subject matter and surprises. Although I prefer to paint nature themes, I'm open to other things that may catch my eye. Throughout my career, I have dabbled with various themes, subjects, and different mediums. As an artist, I feel that I'm just a work in progress, and there is always something to learn. Exploring and collecting material for paintings is a great adventure for me, and always a thrill to wonder what's around the bend or beyond that ridge. I like to create a sense of place that is somewhere but nowhere in particular. I hope each and every viewer sees and takes something a little different from my work, and has an experience rather than just viewing a picture. My goal is not to paint life, but to paint life into my work and create an emotional connection that I hope will inspire my viewers."
What's on the Easel
- 18 x 24 Oil on Canvas I did some extensive research on Wild Bill Hickok before starting this painting. I visited Deadwood, SD several times to see his grave and…
Recent Completed Works
- 24 x 48 Oil on Canvas Completed painting of this beautiful parrot. The parrot is from a photo that I took while visiting Disney's Animal Kingdom. I hope that I captured the beauty of this parrot. The entire background and trees are all made up.read more
- 11 x 14 Oil on Canvas Board Completed this painting. It was a study of trees and grass.read more
- 16 x 20 Oil on Canvas The completed portrait of Rascal. This was a fun and very challenging painting. Rascal being a Sphynx the colors were various shades of blue, pinks, light and dark grey. This portrait of Rascal was done for a friend that lost him after many years…read more
- 24 X 18 Oil on Canvas Beautiful love between a girl and her horse. I saw the love in the horse's eye and I just had to paint this. Wendy loved her horse.read more