Commission A Painting
COMMISSION AN ORIGINAL OIL PAINTING CREATED BY JON FOR YOU!
I enjoy creating custom paintings for my clients and their families. These paintings make excellent gifts or serve as memorabilia of a fond location. If you like my painting style but want something more customized, I am happy to help you create the painting of your dreams. I have a streamlined process that will make the painting commission experience smooth and enjoyable.
Below are some of the most popular types of oil painting commissions:
Give the gift of an original oil painting for Anniversaries, Weddings, Mothers Day, Fathers Day, etc…
Original oil paintings make wonderful and unique gifts for all sorts of occasions. I can create paintings of any size for that special someone. When you think about the interests of your loved one or friend, you can suggest places and things they love to create a beautiful memory of a special place.
Commission Paintings for Vacation Landscapes
One of my most frequent requests from clients is for a painting of their favorite vacation destination. My studio is located in Texas, so I receive many requests for paintings of Big Bend National Park, the Galveston coast, and other great spots around Texas. I've also received requests for paintings of vacation destinations from around the world, such as the Grand Canyon in the US, Germany, and the Swiss Alps.
These vacation location paintings are perfect for your vacation home to match the local decor and inspire relaxation. Alternatively, you may want to preserve the memory of your favorite vacation spot year-round in your primary residence.
Childhood & Current Hometown Commission Paintings
If you send me photos of your favorite vacation spot or from a past vacation, I can paint a beautiful, realistic memory to adorn the walls of your home or environment. Using the photos you provide and the sketches I create, I can create a wonderful memento of your vacation.
Your current home may already be your dream come true! I work with clients to create paintings that depict the local landscape and culture of where they live. This is a great way to incorporate the community into your home's interior design.
Benefits of Commissioning a Painting from Jon Krider:
- Your custom request means there are no other paintings like it – anywhere!
- Original oil painting will last for generations on archival linen with the highest quality paint.
- Your painting will be in Jon’s original painting style, not produced in a factory.
- You will have a voice in the process, to help craft and design the final work.
- The joy of owning or gifting a painting of one of your most cherished places.
What My Clients are Saying:
"I recently did a commissioned painting with Jon Krider for my wife’s birthday. The entire process was well thought through and helped me see my vision come to life in stages. Initially, Jon asked detailed questions to get the my commission painting started. I was able to follow his creative process, which meant I was able to see my painting come to life slowly and thoughtfully. I found this very helpful and Jon allowed modifications to the stages if I felt it was needed. But, I had such trust in his creative vision that any modifications were quite minor. Jon is a perfectionist and knows exactly where a little extra is needed in the painting to help bring it to life. He sent me a photo of the finished piece and I was anxious, in a good way, to give it to my wife. When my wife opened her gift, she immediately begin to cry as she knew exactly the meaning behind the painting. And I have to say, seeing the painting in person, left me speechless. 5 out 5 stars all around." Michael T. - CA
How the Commission Process Works:
- I will review your commission request and follow up with a few questions and/or discuss preferences and ideas via email and/or phone.
- You can provide any digital photos that I can use as a reference by email (please do not mail original or one-of-a-kind photos, just email digital photos are accepted), or whatever necessary reference is needed for the painting.
- I like to do some initial small sketches and/or color studies for you to review prior to starting the actual painting. Once you approve of the initial sketch/plan for the painting(s), I will begin the painting process.
- As the painting goes through the painting process, I will send or post in a private page so that you may see the progress of your painting. This is also the time to make any adjustments you might have. Due to my style of painting and depending on the change, there is no guarantee the change can be done, but I will make every effort to ensure you love your new painting.
- The timing varies for each painting, as well as my current schedule. Commissions typically take 3-5 weeks to complete. If you have a specific event and date that you’d like a painting for, I’ll do my best to accommodate your requirements.
- A 25% deposit of the total price is required to secure your booking before I begin your painting. The final 75% is due upon completion.
- Once the painting is finished, agreed upon, and the final payment has cleared, the painting(s) as well as any and all sketches, if you desire them, will be securely shipped and insured by UPS or FedEx. I will email you the tracking number.
Commissions are invoiced and payments are accepted through the website. You will be invoiced for 25% of the total cost before commencing the painting. The remaining 25% will be invoiced once the final painting has been approved, and before shipping.
Painting Commission FAQs
Q: Do you include the frame? A: Framing is a personal choice based on individual taste, colors, and preferences. Therefore, I do not provide framing options. Please support your local framers. All paintings are ready to be framed. Please note that glass should not be put over an oil painting when framing.
Q: How are paintings shipped? A: Paintings are packaged with great care to protect the painted surface, and shipped without frames via tracked and insured UPS or FedEx shipment.
Q: What is the cost of a commissioned painting? A: A commissioned painting is bespoke and customized specifically for you, making it a one-of-a-kind piece. You will also be personally involved in the creative process. Due to the bespoke nature of a commission, the price is slightly higher than buying a completed painting.
Q: Can you paint a portrait commission? A: Sorry, at this time, I do not offer portrait commissions.
Hey there! Let's chat about your painting
If you're interested in getting a painting commission, just fill out the form below and I'll get back to you as soon as possible!